Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good News

Hi Everyone,

Julia had her scan on Friday and doctor's were very happy with the results. The scan was essentially normal. We could not have asked for better. Julia had a really good week. She was full of energy and felt great. We got a weekend pass and were able to take her home Saturday and not return until Sunday night. She was so funny last night when I put her to bed, she said "mommy it's been so long since I slept in my bed". She had a great time at home, and Anthony and Emily were also thrilled. I have to admit it was a little bitter sweet. It was great to be home and do normal things, but it was awful to have to come back after getting a taste of freedom and normal life. I actually enjoyed cooking and cleaning....you know I'm really home sick!!

Julia is actually scheduled to start her next cycle of chemo Tuesday but it doesn't look like she'll be ready. Her counts are still bottomed out, she has not had count recovery yet. She needs to have a neutrophil count of at least 1.00 before starting chemo, and Saturday morning's count was only 0.1, so it looks like we will be delayed.

I will keep you all posted on Julia's progress this week.

Thanks for everything.

Nadia

No comments: